Doing things right the first time around will eliminate large expenses related to fixing mistakes. In turn your logo will reflect professionalism that a quick DIY logo won’t. Here’s some advice to take with you on your logo journey for your new dental startup!
- Research on what you like. Pinterest boards are a great tool!
- Hire a professional graphic designer.
- Involve your team, your family, and/or your close friends whose opinions you value.
- Request original vector artwork from the designer. These are files such as .ai, .esp, .svg, and .pdf.
- Make sure your logo is original artwork to avoid legal expenses.
- Be aware that there are many companies who crowdsource their work and sell quick and inexpensive logos. They are often unaware of the legalities in the U.S. such as copyright. Many of these companies use stock photos. If these stock photos did not start with original artwork, there may be legal issues.
- Don’t accept artwork delivered without a vector format.
- Don’t “just get” logos off Google or the web.
- Don’t get a logo from a company that is not reputable, is promising a large discount, or a very low price with a very quick timeframe (red flag). This will save you from unexpected expenses down the road and you will get a logo that is completely unique to your practice.